Chicken stressed in lock-up because of alligator in yard

I've thought of that too, but I'm not a fan of local news since they mostly instigate negativity & sensationalize BS. I called the gator hotline like a good citizen & will say the FWC has been pleasant it's just the assigned trapper that is not communicating. I'd just like to know the plan of action & possibly an ETA. As of nightfall part of thd raccoon was floating so wonder if the gator uses it as bait for tonight's hunt. I'm envisioning the vultures arriving tomorrow.

I've thought of that too, but I'm not a fan of local news since they mostly instigate negativity & sensationalize BS. I called the gator hotline like a good citizen & will say the FWC has been pleasant it's just the assigned trapper that is not communicating. I'd just like to know the plan of action & possibly an ETA. As of nightfall part of thd raccoon was floating so wonder if the gator uses it as bait for tonight's hunt. I'm envisioning the vultures arriving tomorrow.
Yea here is no better I have no cable or social media besides here for the same reason. Every so often the weather app has a gator/animal at a resident type clip. Also any time I plant anything my hens love to dig it up if you have any spare buckets or pots around you can plant and water the scratch or random extra cuttings if you have edible plants around and I’m sure she would try to dig it up, might help with boredom. Also a mirror or shinny type random thing to investigate might double duty with cat too

What about one of the cheap plastic blue pools from like Walmart add some dirt or sand ? Altho the cat might think it’s a huge litter box 🤷🏻‍♀️ or some temporary plastic fencing to keep it in one area then move around. My old neighbors used to hunt them and had some type of air boat, you could try a private company to come sooner. Best of luck I avoid any body of water cause of them. Even the springs….
Oh and just an FYI you're safe in most of the springs because of the temperatures since they have plenty of much warmer bodies of water. Go get in those springs - they'd feel great about now!!

Yea here is no better I have no cable or social media besides here for the same reason. Every so often the weather app has a gator/animal at a resident type clip. Also any time I plant anything my hens love to dig it up if you have any spare buckets or pots around you can plant and water the scratch or random extra cuttings if you have edible plants around and I’m sure she would try to dig it up, might help with boredom. Also a mirror or shinny type random thing to investigate might double duty with cat too
I'm with you regarding news & social. I might take her into the front yard for a field trip of sorts, but kind of don't want to draw the neighbors attention, so may need to wait until next week. I hang out with them for a little while a few times a day and of course change the water bowl a few times a day to keep it cool. The porch is hotter than outside & with the index going to be 117° I might put her in a box & bring her inside during the heat of the day. Guessing the cat can smell the gator or the dead raccoon because I let her stretch her legs this afternoon & she beelined to the edge of the pool of course there's also a very bloated partial raccoon floating & a gazillion giant flies. Curiosity killed the cat. I could bring her inside too, but her former kids live inside & she hates them even though they still recognize her as Mom. She showed up pregnant & never adapted to indoor living. You have good ideas by the way :clap

More like the Great State of Vermont. It's nice, no gators. We do have bears though, not sure if you've got them in Florida.
Huh I've only heard the phrase "lower 48" from Alaskans. Yes, we have bears too, but they're more prevalent in the panhandle & central Florida. We have coyotes very close by too & they like to eat dogs. They'll clear a 6 foot fence to get to a dog. Gators will climb a fence or dig under to get to water.

Back
Top Bottom