Chicken stressed in lock-up because of alligator in yard

If you want action you need to get the public interested in your story your plight. The best way to do that is to contact all your local news organizations. It's a great human/animal interest story and TV stations will love filming a gator who has taken up residence in your pool. Add to the story your pets having to be locked on your porch and you being told to stay inside and you'll be all over the news and I guarantee FWCC will be sending a trapper out in no time flat.

It's unlike the gator can leave by himself - getting into the pool is simply a matter of slipping over the edge but their body shape doesn't allow them to climb up over the edge of the pool. They need a flat ramp that they can walk up up in order to get out.

One quick question.... how do you know he got a raccoon the other night? Did you see it or catch it on camera?

At this point I'm sure he doesn't want to be stuck in your pool any more than you want him there. Being unable to escape your pool on its own, it would be nothing but cruel to "shock" the pool with a heavy dose of chlorine or any other chemical. Dumping chlorine in the water burn the mucous membranes of his mouth and throat and will damage his eyes causing blindness. Get the news medias (TV and newspaper) behind you and that will get FWCC off their butts and onto your side. Nobody likes bad press!

I doubt I'd be waiting if I had a gator in my yard. I doubt anyone will press charges for protecting YOURSELF on your own property, but here is a recent gator story.
https://www.theledger.com/story/new...can-and-cant-do-regarding-gators/26064826007/

Q. Are there circumstances in which I would be justified in shooting an alligator in my yard?

A. Yes, in a case of selfdefense. However, if you were not armed at the time you saw the alligator, but got a weapon and returned to shoot the alligator, you could not claim self-defense.

Back
Top Bottom