Chicken suddenly cant walk

HH69

Chirping
Nov 4, 2020
I have (had) 6 chickens. 2 years old.
Last week one was dead when opened coop. Only thing that had been different about her was, for the 2 weeks prior she had purple comb, otherwise looked and acted great. This morning one was laying on her side. Stood her up and she walked off like nothing. Couple hours ago, on her side again. I checked her legs, through feathers, and for egg binding. Her crop was empty. I removed her from coop. I placed food and water next to her and she's eating and drinking. I don't know what's going on with my girls. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any advice?

When was the last time you brought a new to you bird home?
How long ago?

Can you take clear pictures of this bird and or a short clear video to upload to YouTube real quick?

When was the last time you brought a new to you bird home?
How long ago?

Can you take clear pictures of this bird and or a short clear video to upload to YouTube real quick?
Hi, I bought all 6 at once 2 years ago. No new chickens. It's turned dark here. I can post video tomorrow. I had put her in a carrier.. Now, she's standing fine again, turning around, walking with the room she has to walk at the moment ( oh, and griping at me) . I'm just confused. Lame to walking, twice now.

Hi, I bought all 6 at once 2 years ago. No new chickens. It's turned dark here. I can post video tomorrow. I had put her in a carrier.. Now, she's standing fine again, turning around, walking with the room she has to walk at the moment ( oh, and griping at me) . I'm just confused. Lame to walking, twice now.
Weird.
What exactly do you feed?
Do you know when the last time she laid an egg was?

Weird.
What exactly do you feed?
Do you know when the last time she laid an egg was?
I feed chicken crumbles mixed with some chicken scratch. Afternoons I'll also have scraps from cooking ( egg shells. Vegetables, often throw oats in there too, lately few strawberries from garden is added.) I'll let them free range when I can sit and watch them) I also will let 2 to 3 go in chicken tractor and move em around. Other wise. Fenced in area with cover shade.

I feed chicken crumbles mixed with some chicken scratch. Afternoons I'll also have scraps from cooking ( egg shells. Vegetables, often throw oats in there too, lately few strawberries from garden is added.) I'll let them free range when I can sit and watch them) I also will let 2 to 3 go in chicken tractor and move em around. Other wise. Fenced in area with cover shade.
Ps. I've been getting 3 to 4 eggs day for a while now. But idk who's laying and whos not. They're all the same kind of chickens. From TSC.

This morning can't stand on her own. If I stand her up she can stay for a while but not walk. She's eating.. Runny stool. I let her in and out of chicken tractor til started raining. Her comb looks sadder than yesterday. Been over 24 hrs now since this started. 0526220957.jpg 0526220957.jpg 0526220957b.jpg 0526220957b.jpg
0526220957b.jpg

Attachments

• 0526220957a.jpg
    0526220957a.jpg
    891.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 0526220957c.jpg
    0526220957c.jpg
    655.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 0526220957d.jpg
    0526220957d.jpg
    658.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 0526221007a.jpg
    0526221007a.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 3
With her tail down hunched up posture, she just looks like a sick hen. She may not be laying, but you could separate her for a couple of days in a dog crate with food and water to make sure. Cut out the scratch. Try just feeding her chicken crumbles and maybe a small amount of scrambled egg daily. Do you have any Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell to give her 2 ml daily as a boost? Check again for a stuck egg. She could have a reproductive disorder such as internal laying or infection. It is always hard to know. When I lose one, I like to do a brief necropsy to have a look at the abdominal organs. Do you worm your chickens? Poop pictures sometimes can be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom