Chicken sweater

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by americana-lover, Dec 30, 2012.

1. americana-lover

americana-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Michigan
    Hi :) I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a chicken sweater. Is there a specific size chart I should go by to fit my Americanas. I do know how to knit a little bit, but I can only make small kitty blankets. So does anyone have a sewing pattern that makes chicken sweaters? Thanks!

2. hi i buy my chickens sweaters online if u search for them you will most likely find some you can order Good Luck!!!!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  3. lorain's fids

lorain's fids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    New Jersey
    I did't know that chickens can actually wear sweaters, so after seeing the last post about them getting the sweaters on line, I went and googled chicken sweaters. It showed a bunch of pictures of very "well dressed" chickens in the cutest of sweaters! [​IMG]

4. i have a chicken who owns a sweater we sometimes put it on her on really cold days!

5. roseyred

roseyred Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2014
    I am going to experinent and sew some fleece lined sweaters. I can share my results here when I'm done! Should be fairly easy to do

6. The Chickens' Maid

The Chickens' Maid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    CT
    I'd love to see a chicken sweater!

7. roseyred

roseyred Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2014
    Would anyone wanna purchase one? Gonna make one and post pics then I could totaly make custom sized and colored ones!

8. azygous

azygous True BYC Addict

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    [​IMG]Aren't these ladies fetching? I showed this to my neighbor and she googled chicken sweaters and got a crochet pattern and made one for my Brahma Joycie. Joycie was having problems with getting her neck feathers stolen, and she altered the pattern to include a turtle neck.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  9. ChickenLuver201

ChickenLuver201 New Egg

May 5, 2015
    Oh my god!! I love chicken sweaters!! My chicken Alfred whom I share all my deepest secrets with loves his Argyle Sweater in the winter!!! :) :) :)

10. MotherHen203

MotherHen203 New Egg

May 5, 2015
    Is It the same to make a sweater for a rooster?
    My oldest Rooster Oswald is getting old and gets cold at night.
    but im pretty sure he doesnt like cotton, so is it possible to make one with suede?
    /

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by