Chicken swing

Put in a swing about a week ago. They. Couldn't care less. I'm kinda bummed about it
sad.png

That's too bad. Its always frustrating when we put so much work (and money!) into an animal just to have them ignore what we do. My ferrets did that all the time.

Chickens seem to like perches that don't tip or tilt, it makes them feel safer, unlike parrots who like swings. Mine love thick branches.

I just put in a tree stump/roots that we pulled out of our front yard. Figured it'll give them something to investigate/play on until we get rid of it. I'm hoping it'll get them closer to the swing and more interested in it. I'm just glad I didn't spend $30 on it. I used extra materials from other jobs I had sitting around the house.

Mine don't like their big swing when it swings a lot. When we first put it back in the run they headed for it first thing but we didn't have it attached as stiffly and it swung a lot ! Tightened up the wires so it swings more subtlety and they went right back to it. Silly chickens!

Back
Top Bottom