CHICKEN SWING

I can take one, not sure how to post it here, but will see what I can do. It is an old relatively smooth branch roughly 20" long and about 3" in circumference hung with rope fastened to large eye bolts, fastened to eye bolts above. Hung maybe 24" off the ground.

I can take one, not sure how to post it here, but will see what I can do. It is an old relatively smooth branch roughly 20" long and about 3" in circumference hung with rope fastened to large eye bolts, fastened to eye bolts above. Hung maybe 24" off the ground.
Sounds ok...
maybe your branch is too smooth?
It could be like azygous said, it just takes some time.

or you have not caught them in the act. Hope you figure out the photo post, love to see it. Good luck

Hope I can get the pic loaded, here goes....

Wow! It worked....!
wee.gif

Hope I can get the pic loaded, here goes....

Wow! It worked....!
wee.gif
Yeaah!!! ..you got the pic posted
yippiechickie.gif
. Nice coop!....and I see your problem, It is to close to the cage/wall on the left. The swing will get moving knock into the wall and scare and dislodge them. So, just move it so that there is about 24" all the way around.

Will try, limited free swinging space....I just finished the coop last month, did it myself (I'm 63), and am pretty proud of how it turned out. My husband says he is going to move his TV and chair in there.....calls it a castle. Decided to call it the "Cackle Castle". Gotta get a sign made. Anyway, thanks for the advice, will try to move it to a less obstructed spot

Is anyone having any luck with chicken swings? Do your chickens use them and enjoy them? I hung this swing up yesterday. I realize that chickens need to get used to everything, being the "chickens" that they are! I have been putting them up on it and feeding them dried crickets. They aren't afraid to sit there and eat treats, but I am not sure they will ever get on it as it really swings a lot and my birds are heavy breeds. Just wondering if this thing ultimately is hogging up run space, I don't care if it takes them a month to learn to use it, will they eventually learn to enjoy swinging or perching on this thing?? Thanks!

A few tried getting up on it, but when it swung instead of remaining stationary, they hopped down, and no one has gone near it since. I gave up and took it down since I was always bumping into it.

Back
Top Bottom