Chicken thinks it's a dog

babyratt

Chirping
May 17, 2022
A neighborhood boy stopped by my house with his chick. He wanted one of my babies to keep his company while he is in school. I never saw anything like this. He put it down in the grass and it "heeled". It wanted nothing to do with my babies. She LOVES him. Any ideas to keep her from crying all day and bothering Mom?

If left alone with other chicks, the imprinted chick will eventually stop crying and realize that it is a chicken.
That's why he wants one of mine. I know he would be good to my baby but I'm not ready to let them go. I was hoping for another idea. Maybe his mom will have to get over it until his girl can join the other chickens.

That's why he wants one of mine. I know he would be good to my baby but I'm not ready to let them go. I was hoping for another idea. Maybe his mom will have to get over it until his girl can join the other chickens.
They can get more chicks of their own. They could also use a mirror or stuffed animal to try and keep the chick company. Or you could “foster” the chick until it’s old enough to join the other chickens.

They can get more chicks of their own. They could also use a mirror or stuffed animal to try and keep the chick company. Or you could “foster” the chick until it’s old enough to join the other chickens.
I'm going to suggest the toy. Thanks for the insight 👍

Back
Top Bottom