Chicken thought to be dead was seen in neighbors yard (.5 miles away). What can I do to get her back?

Oh, ok. I thought they had a bunch of birds, and you had none. I'd just go tell them what had happened, and ask off you could please get your bird. When I caught someone's lost chicken, and they saw I had it in a cage, they asked me if that was my bird. I told them no, and that I had just found it, they told me what had happened. I gave them back their bird, and only asked what her name was. We were all good about it. Hopefully your neighbors will be too. :)
I hope this can happen for us too! That would be perfect.

Ok, I have an update. We went to the house in the morning and there was a really big dog in their yard so we couldn't approach their front door but we called out to them (in a nice way) and tried to get them to come out. They didn't come out/didn't hear us. There was no sign of the chicken. We left a note detailing the situation and gave our phone number asking to please call.
This evening we drove back by their house and actually saw the chicken inside a fenced pen. It looked like she had been possibly put there intentionally. We never got any calls from them and we had to go home before we could do anything more. We at least know it might be getting water/food etc. I think we will go over again and try to reach out to them a third time tomorrow since it is getting late and dark.

Back
Top Bottom