chicken tip

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Godsgrl, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Just thought I'd let you know...don't fall asleep in your chicken coop. I know, how in the world would that ever happen? Well, I was cleaning the coop today, along with some other pens. Then when I finished, I sat down in the coop alone just to relax and enjoy the chickens. We have a brick supporting the ramp, and that's where I sit.

The chickens were quietly scratching around for goodies, and clucking to each other. I started to doze off, and the next thing I knew, my rooster pecked me! I was awake in a second, and went home to finish my nap.[​IMG]
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh my!! That could have turned out worse. I bet that rooster was saying....." Hey, this is OUR place...go home to sleep!" [​IMG] At least you didnt wake up as a perch! LOL Poo everywhere! [​IMG]

3. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    He just wanted you to get on the roost with all the other hens where you belong. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG]

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

LOL!
    I think that he was testing to see you were edible.

6. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    My son asked me the other day what would happen if someone fainted in the coop. I told him the chickens would probably eat that person or peck them to death. [​IMG]

7. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Heidi, you've got a dark side! [​IMG]

8. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:I'd imagine you'd come to with all the chickens pecking you, and covered in poo. Plus a chicken or two on you!! LOL:D

9. IHeartChickens

IHeartChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Pacific NW
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:He probably told his hens, watch what happens when I do this! Peck! What a way to wake up. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by