Chicken Tips - Take a Tip, Leave a Tip

Feed back the eggshells: heated and crushed. Yum-yum.

Keep plenty of whole corn on hand for DH to throw to the hens. THen he can't complain too much when you buy/hatch more chicks.
wink.png

BE mindful of chicken math.

Spend the extra money and get a back door to the chicken coop that is standard size that you can walk into and take wheelbarrows through, it will be the best hundred dollars you ever spent. It makes cleaning the coop so much easier.

Never NEVER hold a chirping chick. At least while your dog is in the room. And when you cat comes to see what is making the cheeping noise. And then when the chick flies down to the ground, the dog leaps for the cat, and the cat tries to run away. The dog almost stepped on my poor chicka baby

Scooter&Suzie :

Never NEVER hold a chirping chick. At least while your dog is in the room. And when you cat comes to see what is making the cheeping noise. And then when the chick flies down to the ground, the dog leaps for the cat, and the cat tries to run away. The dog almost stepped on my poor chicka baby

poor chickie:( Yup my yorkie always wants to know whats making that cute cheeping noise:p

Back
Top Bottom