Chicken Tractor being built... check out our progress

LuLuBelle

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Richmond, VA
So my husband and I are building a catawba chicken tractor.

After spending a week or so pricing the wood at various home improvement stores we made our store choice and bought our wood on Saturday morning....

Here's some of the wood that we bought for our project...
28304_bantams_095.jpg

Here's one of the bantams that flew up to the top of the trailer ledge to check out what we were doing...
28304_bantams_099.jpg

My husbands brother came over on Saturday to help us get started. There was a lot of measuring twice and cutting once, reading instructions, taking breaks because of the heat, and a lot of working...
(Oh and that's some of our garden in the background)
28304_bantams_108.jpg

By Sunday we are making real progress. My husband's father came down from Maryland to work on this project!
28304_bantams_147.jpg

At this point the silkies have come outside to check out what is going on, so they are chillin' out under the trailer, staying in the shade.
28304_bantams_168.jpg

So far this is what we have, I'm sure there will be more progress this week and this weekend... thanks for looking!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Me Too!!!
frow.gif

Looks great!!
thumbsup.gif
Looks like mine at the beginnig...I put a sliding door where the ramp goes just for piece of mind...
I love my a-frame
love.gif

Good luck hope you love it!!!
love.gif

Thank you!!

Actually we put it up on the trailer because it was up in the air and easier to work on.

I'll keep you guys posted as we work on it!!

Looks nice! I'd like to see the layout of the inside before it gets closed in completely if possible?

Wellllll, we have 138 tomatoe plants to plant and then we can finish working on the coop.
yippiechickie.gif
But we have a goal of July 4th weekend because we are going out of town. But we will definately take pictures and keep you guys posted.

frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom