chicken tractor

grammym

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 22, 2012
Sequim, WA
Has anybody had any experience using a chicken tractor or know of pros/cons of using one. I've been thinking that when I get my small flock in the spring, I will have a permanent house coop and use a tractor for letting the girls "roam" without worrying about the coyotes and hawks get them during the day. And what does DH stand for? Husband?

I use a "playhouse style" tractor. I have used it for many different things, for growing out babies, I have used it for a breeding pen and I've used it for sick bird isolation. If you want it for free ranging birds that are normally in a coop, you have to think how you are going to move them from the coop to the tractor. Make sure its light weight enough you can move it easily, but not so flimsy that predators can get into it. Also, make sure you have shade, space for food and water and a nest box if you plan on leaving them unattended.

DH stands for Dear Husband

Thank you. Yes, I have been pondering how to get them from the permanent coop to the tractor. But then, in my perfect scenerio, they will be so well trained, that they will just automatically go in!
lol.png
And thank you for clearing up DH, I had the husband part figured out, but not the D part.

somewhere on here there is an abbreviation guide, its very helpful for things like DH but also when referring to some breeds or coloring of birds.

Back
Top Bottom