Chicken Tractors for Breeding

I Love Layers

Crowing
5 Years
Apr 25, 2015
As I'm getting more into breeding LF BBS cochins I've been on the search for a cheap breeding coop. When i thought about it why not build a few chicken tractors. So what's everyone's opinion on this and does anyone have any ideas for what it would need.

Have you ever done tractors for chickens? There are many different ways to go about it, of course, there always are. I tried it and had to move mine way too often for my liking but for breeding you can go with a relatively small chicken density which will help that. And your climate is probably different, wet weather creates more problems than dry.

I can’t think of anything special you’d need for a breeding pen other than the obvious, roosts and a nest. I think 2’ high in the run would be high enough for breeding but you might want to go a bit taller.

Have you ever done tractors for chickens? There are many different ways to go about it, of course, there always are. I tried it and had to move mine way too often for my liking but for breeding you can go with a relatively small chicken density which will help that. And your climate is probably different, wet weather creates more problems than dry.

I can’t think of anything special you’d need for a breeding pen other than the obvious, roosts and a nest. I think 2’ high in the run would be high enough for breeding but you might want to go a bit taller.

We did one out of a grass cage a few years back. They are LF Cochins so everything had to be taller and bigger.
It is hot in the summer and cold and lots of snow in the winter here.

Back
Top Bottom