Chicken trees

JSB

Hatching
Dec 10, 2017
i put a post in here, I can’t believe all these chicken breeders can’t tell me if you can decorate fake Christmas trees in chickens yard, how disappointing.

i put a post in here, I can’t believe all these chicken breeders can’t tell me if you can decorate fake Christmas trees in chickens yard, how disappointing.

I saw the other post and there was a lot of good advice there but it seems JSB you are not willing to take it ... If you are dead set on putting a decorated fake Christmas tree in your run by all means knock yourself out ! General consensus is it's not a good idea . Personally I think the idea is up there with chicken diapers and chicken clothing but it your chickens not mine .

Good luck and let us know how it works out

I saw the other post and there was a lot of good advice there but it seems JSB you are not willing to take it ... If you are dead set on putting a decorated fake Christmas tree in your run by all means knock yourself out ! General consensus is it's not a good idea . Personally I think the idea is up there with chicken diapers and chicken clothing but it your chickens not mine .

Good luck and let us know how it works out
I am new to this.. I didn’t see any reply’s thank you all. Not putting it in pen anymore. Wanted to use for shade

No problem! Why not add a real tree? Get a medium size tree and plant it in your pen/run. You can try to protect the tree until its hard and solid by putting a temporary fence around it and/or putting rocks in the base so the chickens don't try to dust bath or scratch around the tree.

Back
Top Bottom