1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken tricks :)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Fancy Feather Poultry, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Does anyone have a chicken they have taught tricks to?, if so hoow did you teach them [​IMG]

2. sillygoose4ever

sillygoose4ever Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Wisconsin
    I learned a trick from my cousin a few years back... put the chicken's head under it's wind and slowly move the chicken in circles. they fall asleep almost every time!!! I thought it was funny

3. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    I heard that before but didnt want to try it with my 3 weekers but any any other tricks

4. akcskye

akcskye Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Oh gosh...my chickens have quite an array of tricks.

Jumping for Strawberries (I have a pic of Billy doing with with my kids), saying "Hello" (Heidi, my Australorp does this, and I have it on video...SO CUTE!)...Billy used to wave to me when I'd say hello...Chickie Chickie Rub Rubs was always a favorite for my hen Marti...you'd say that, and she'd back up to you and let her rub her back...

I'm sure there's more I've forgotten...as I think of them, I'll let you know.

5. SeedyG

SeedyG New Egg

Jun 8, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Maybe this isn't a great trick but I have taught my Rooster to jump for food.

He can get pretty darn high too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by