Chicken Trouble Breathing

Rhys Petersen

Hatching
9 Years
Aug 26, 2010
I have a chicken that has been having trouble breathing she keeps raising her head to the sky and opening her mouth and breathing in. She is also smaller than my other chicken. She also appears to be a little slugish. I'm not sure what sort of medicine i should give her.

Any help
Thanks Very Much

I have a little banty that has similar symptoms. I have had her for a few days on Duramycin and didn't see any major improvement. Which is surprising since a hen that I had came down with the same symptoms this spring and showed improvement in less than 48 hours. This little one seems to be wheezing less and sneezing more since I switched her to Sulmet yesterday. Her heart (I think she is a she - about 1 1/2 months old) apparently has stopped beating about 5 times in the last couple of days - she goes limp and has seized a couple of times. I've managed to bring her out of it. But they seem to occur when she is startled. I'm thinking the mucous gets into her windpipe and cuts off the air. I have tried to feed her Nutra - Drench (ended up wearing it - LOL) and plain yogurt - which after she flung it about she has decided she likes. I've been trying to pamper her by feeding her chick food and scratch as well as keeping her in a box with a heating pad. Don't know if any of this helps you - hope so.... Wheezy (as my co-workers call her) is sitting on my shoulder right now Good luck
Terri

Thanks a lot for your help. Just wondering where you bought both of the medicines you mentioned so i can get her on it right away.

Thanks Again Much Appreciated

Back
Top Bottom