Chicken vomiting

Hadia Zahoor 118

Chirping
Jun 9, 2019
Hello everybody!! I have very little experience in keeping chickens and I need some guidance. My chicken started vomits last week. Initially it was clear liquid and I thought it is because he (male) chicken has drank a lot of water since temperature here is 37°C in summers. It became more frequent and i gave it olive oil with tummy massage and he became okay. But now after 2 weeks condition is getting worst. It started to vomit every other day. Can someone tell me what should i do

Hello everybody!! I have very little experience in keeping chickens and I need some guidance. My chicken started vomits last week. Initially it was clear liquid and I thought it is because he (male) chicken has drank a lot of water since temperature here is 37°C in summers. It became more frequent and i gave it olive oil with tummy massage and he became okay. But now after 2 weeks condition is getting worst. It started to vomit every other day. Can someone tell me what should i do
Chickens do not vomit, so when liquid comes out of their mouths it usually indicates a crop issue. Is this only happening after drinking a lot of water? Sometimes they will regurgitate a little when they are very hot and drink too much too fast. Do you provide grit? Grit helps grind the food up in their crops so they don’t become impacted. The crop holds the food before it travels down to the gizzard.

No I dont give him grit. I give him pearl millet. But now everything he eats is vomited by him. For example he had a lil bit of yogurt at 8 pm and he vomited that at 11 pm.

No I dont give him grit. I give him pearl millet. But now everything he eats is vomited by him. For example he had a lil bit of yogurt at 8 pm and he vomited that at 11 pm.
Ok that’s bc his crop is impacted. Millet is a seed, right? No need for that - your chickens need proper chicken food and grit - immediately. Chickens only regurgitate when they have drank too much too fast, or if their crop is impacted and the food can’t get down. I would advise you separate him and STOP feeding him immediately- the food is piling up, fermenting and will cause sour crop if it hasn’t already (sour crop is a yeast infection from fermented foods - Food (esp carbs) are the enemy right now). See how the crop feels after 12 hours without food. It should be flat and empty. If not, report back here and there are crop disorder experts that can guide you through treatment. But stop feeding / it’s pointless and just adding to the issue.

Back
Top Bottom