Chicken walking backwards, sneezing a bit, watery diarrhea

Well, just like yesterday, after a bit of treatment, the backwards walking displayed on waking is gone. I'll try to catch it tomorrow morning and continue doing what I'm doing as it definitely seems to help at least short term. Thank you all very much!!

Well she had a very successful free range with her flock. Continued optimism. She's starting to eat oyster and eggshell too. I really wonder if the egg factory coming online may be playing a role here.

Improved this morning. Still backwards walking, a slightly wetter sounding sneeze, but much more forward momentum and upright walking too. I think we're on the right track. I'll update if anything changes, it might be a few days.

Thanks all!

Continued improvement. Forward walking at least 50% of the time this morning and she loved the Vitamin E pill and ate it willingly? :p

Looks like, in the end, it was the same problem as with the medicated feed when she was a baby: low thiamin. I've had her on B complex for about a week now, and she's 90% better. The E and Selenium seemed to help, but it may have been coincidental.

Back
Top Bottom