Chicken walking oddly

Chikyboy

Bantam Cochin Collector
Oct 14, 2021
Nebraska
One of my chickens is walking oddly. Could any of you help? She has always had problems walking, but today it was really bad. Could she be be egg bound? She has never layed any eggs, but this could be her first one. Thank you in advance!

She's limping the same way as a hen I used to have that always ran a little funny but as she grew bigger the limp got worse and worse.
If it's a sudden issue though, a daily 1/2 of a baby aspirin for a few days is magic if a hen has a minor sprain or something. Not so much for long-term issues.
Good luck and best wishes.

Edit: I don't know if my hen had something neurological or a deformity or something, but I always thought she was maybe a twin chick and it could've been due to a deformity before hatching as she always had a slight limp even as a little chick.

She's limping the same way as a hen I used to have that always ran a little funny but as she grew bigger the limp got worse and worse.
If it's a sudden issue though, a daily 1/2 of a baby aspirin for a few days is magic if a hen has a minor sprain or something. Not so much for long-term issues.
Good luck and best wishes.

Edit: I don't know if my hen had something neurological or a deformity or something, but I always thought she was maybe a twin chick and it could've been due to a deformity before hatching as she always had a slight limp even as a little chick.
Its not a sudden issue, she has always had it (whatever it is), but today it got bad. Thank you for responding and sorry about your hen!

Back
Top Bottom