Chicken was limping but now is lehargic

Jporres

In the Brooder
Feb 23, 2015
My white leghorn has been limping for about 3 days now. I checked if she had anything in her feet but nothing was there. Checked for bumblefoot but thankfully none. Yesterday I picked her up at night (when she is in her coop) as she is difficult to catch. I brought her inside and gave her warm bath to check for any injuries. I dried her up and did not notice any wounds. I massaged both of her legs to help her with her pain. I did notice that while i was drying her, her legs began to shake. Today, she is just laying in one spot. She moves but goes back to laying. Did I over stress her?
I have given her some electrolytes in hopes she ragins her strenght.

My white leghorn is doing much better. She is still limping but getting around with the flock.
Yesterday she managed to roost with the rest of the girls. The next morning, I had a chicken who could to move at all.
I immediately thought Mareks since my leghorn was limping but this barred rock looks like she is trying to throw up but is unable to.
She looks pretty bad! Cannot stand up on her own. Her eyes are completly shut and her movements when i give her medicine are kind of seizure like. Right now she can barely hold up her head.
Mareks, botulism or sour crop?

I have been giving her electrolytes and started her on antibiotics but I doubt she will make it.

Back
Top Bottom