Chicken water diarrhea

Chickalettas

In the Brooder
Dec 30, 2022
I have a laying hen (about 2 years old) that’s sick. She has been sleeping in the nesting box lately which is unusual for her and now was spending the afternoon in there. I took her out and brought her inside and she pooped watery diarrhea that shot out of her about 2 feet. It was lots of clear water and had a few small green poops in it. She doesn’t seem interested in food but is drinking lots of water on her own. Her comb is a normal red color and crop wasn’t empty or hard. I did notice her back underside feathers are gone and the skin there is bright red. I have her separated now. I have her drinking water mixed with ip6 powder and apple cider vinegar as ip6 has previously saved my chickens on multiple occasions. Anyone know what can cause chickens to poop large amounts of water with green poops? I’m hopeful she will get better but would appreciate some advice. Thank you!

Other than DE always mixed in their food, no I have not… could it be that just one chicken has them? I have 24 and the rest are doing good with no symptoms
Any updates? I have a three year old production red who lots her feathers, lost weight, got wormed, put weight back on but has water poo, same as you described.
I wonder if I should worm her again. Maybe she had a really bad case and needs a third dose.

Back
Top Bottom