chicken watering cups

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by jimmythechicken, Jun 12, 2010.

1. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    i saw a cool waterer with a 5gal bucket with pvc pipe out the bottom with a little watering cup on it but cant find any places that sell these watering cups i was going to make like 2 of them

2. Neil Grassbaugh

Neil Grassbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008
    Are you talking about something like this attached to the side of a bucket?

I have a few thousand of them for sale. Have been so busy trying to help people with nipple drinkers that I have just not gotten around to offering these.

[​IMG]

And you should see the cool mister that I have to combat heat stress! Got to work on that too!

3. jimmythechicken

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    yes sir that is it work great dont it.were can i get them i need 3 or 4 what will that cost

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  4. Pardee_Boy

Pardee_Boy Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2010
    Blissfield MI
    is there anything like this that hooks up to a garden hose? I've seen water systems that connect to hose but they seem to be more of a pain then a blessing.

5. jimmythechicken

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    the one i saw was easy drill hole in the side of a 5 gal bucket insert pipe an glue then put the cup at the other end of the pipe.

6. Neil Grassbaugh

Neil Grassbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008
    Quote:Sure they can be hooked to a garden hose in some way but the maximum pressure for this waterer is 15PSI. This is less than half the pressure of most home water systems.

7. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I have a pair of similar cups that leak badly--quit using them, although I think if I could get a new connection for the bucket it might work. Overall, I like the little giant automatic waterers. They use regular pressure, not low, so can be hooked directly to a hose or pvc pipe.

8. Pardee_Boy

Pardee_Boy Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2010
    Blissfield MI
    My well system peaks at 60 psi . so looks like the cups are out of the question. Looks like off to the hardware store i go or more internet research.

9. tsirkucp

tsirkucp Out Of The Brooder

Nov 29, 2010
    I'm interested in some nipples. How much for a dozen or so
    thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by