chicken wire keeps almost nothing out

Yeah man I miss the countryside!
We are in a subdivision and for 8 years we have never had a neighbor...now we do a d she has a dog and OUR chickens squeeze through our wrought iron fencing. So we have the problem that must be fixed asap.
If you already have a wrought iron fence then chicken wire will keep the chickens in.

JT

My Hen & Chick garden bloomed 😍s
see my little Dragon at the base of the flower 😂

Attachments

• SavedImage_20190807_154730_02-01.jpeg
    SavedImage_20190807_154730_02-01.jpeg
    756.5 KB · Views: 4
But will that keep a snake out? Had a 6' snake at bottom of our yard inside the wrought-iron fencing Last week.
And...the wrought-iron fencing has a
3 1/2" gap between bars.

If you get 1/2" chicken wire it will keep big snakes from going through the fence however many snakes can climb trees and anything they can get a grip on so it really depends on the area. I once saw a 6' black snake 20' up in a hickory tree, that was an eye opening experience for sure. My hot wire had killed a few small snakes already...

JT

What exactly IS good for protecting the chicks in the run? I'm lookin to fence in my deck and their coop will attach to the side of decking. We have a neighbor that just moved in and she has a dog...so I need to do something well fast!
Double layer a stronger wire (to keep out bigger predators) with hardware cloth (to keep out snakes and rodents), or electric + hardware cloth.

Back
Top Bottom