Chicken with an “off” eye?

Abriana

Spicy Sugar Cookie
6 Years
Apr 26, 2017
The moon
This is Casey, and I noticed this morning that she was keeping this eye shut. I picked her up to check her, because I thought maybe something was stuck in it/she’d been pecked in it, but when she opened it, I noticed that the iris was “off” like pushed further back into the corner of her eye. She kept closing it, but when she hopped off my lap she opened it, but it was still “off”. Could this be related to an injury?
48745F8C-8319-4F03-83C7-16B3A52BA2D5.jpeg

I would keep an eye on it... it doesn’t appear to be swollen, and I’m assuming there is no bubbling coming out of it? It wouldn’t hurt to get some terramycin; it’s an antibiotic ophthalmic cream that you can smear right over the eye. For now u would just chalk it up to minor irritation; just keep an eye on it.

I would keep an eye on it... it doesn’t appear to be swollen, and I’m assuming there is no bubbling coming out of it? It wouldn’t hurt to get some terramycin; it’s an antibiotic ophthalmic cream that you can smear right over the eye. For now u would just chalk it up to minor irritation; just keep an eye on it.
Nope, no swelling or bubbling. Can I get that at a Southern States or TSC?

Ok I’ll keep an eye on it. Thank you!

Are you in the US or Germany? Plain Neosporin or similar ointment can be a substitute if you cannot find Terramycin (oxytetracycline) ointment. Ciprofloxacin drops are also good. Saline eye wash is safe to use if no antibiotic ointment is available to you.

Back
Top Bottom