Chicken with bad leg :( help!

LL

I am very sorry about your hen's leg.

images
to BYC!

I hope your baby is ok. And X2 about the healing. They have incredible abilities to heal completely and can live with gimp legs.

Glad you could join and enjoy BYC!

Can anyone help me? I have an 3 week old banty chick...we found her today laying I her side she can't stand and she tucks one leg back under herself and the other one straight out....we held her up and she drank any idea? I can't feel a break or anyting please help first year chicken raiser:(....

Can anyone help me? I have an 3 week old banty chick...we found her today laying I her side she can't stand and she tucks one leg back under herself and the other one straight out....we held her up and she drank any idea? I can't feel a break or anyting please help first year chicken raiser:(....
I am so sorry about your baby. Is the leg warm like she injured it or caught it on something as to be sprained? Feel around the leg and up the hip to see if it is warm or hot. Compare it to the other leg for comparison. If there is no heat, then I really have no idea what may have happened to her. You might want to keep her separate from the others and keep food and water right there in her face so she doesn't have to use the leg to get nourishment. Then I would post this question in our emergency section for more ideas....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

But I would definitely separate her and keep food and water close. Good luck with your baby.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom