CHICKEN WITH BLACKHEAD DISEASE please help !!

Hmmm I might have seen yellow foamy poop the other day not sure though
turkey_blackhead_yellow.png

Photo by Terrell Spencer, NCAT.
http://web.archive.org/web/20161203143519/https://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/viewhtml.php?id=343

Last edited:
Idk. Here I haven't seen any more yellow poop, just the one. And the remaining flock continues to appear fine. I still have them on the Oregano oil and will deworm the flock the first week of next month, a little earlier than I would have normally.

My friend, who i believe may have spread something to us here, said she had a few episodes of yellow poop in her flock, which is very large. She has lost several birds, about one a week. She consulted a vet who recommended treating for Coccidiosis, and deworming. As I said, idk. It's weird. I don't think that's her problem, but her problem hopefully won't be mine anymore than it has been.

Glad no one else is sick. If you or your friend lose another, please do a necropsy. If they had blackhead, it will be obvious.

Idk. Here I haven't seen any more yellow poop, just the one. And the remaining flock continues to appear fine. I still have them on the Oregano oil and will deworm the flock the first week of next month, a little earlier than I would have normally.

My friend, who i believe may have spread something to us here, said she had a few episodes of yellow poop in her flock, which is very large. She has lost several birds, about one a week. She consulted a vet who recommended treating for Coccidiosis, and deworming. As I said, idk. It's weird. I don't think that's her problem, but her problem hopefully won't be mine anymore than it has been.
Thank you Cathy

Yes, I will have a necropsy done if we have another unexplained death, and will encourage my friend to do the same, but I imagine they are still expensive, although less so through the vet. I'm hoping we dodged another bullet, whatever it was.

Thank you Cathy

Yes, I will have a necropsy done if we have another unexplained death, and will encourage my friend to do the same, but I imagine they are still expensive, although less so through the vet. I'm hoping we dodged another bullet, whatever it was.
Checking for blackhead can be done by anyone. There is no need to pay for it. This is one that @Lyndi did:
image2 (1).jpeg
image1 (1).jpeg

Checking for blackhead can be done by anyone. There is no need to pay for it. This is one that @Lyndi did:
I said i did not want to dig the hen up and do my own. Not sure how many times i need to say that. Ii i have someone that will do it for me and determine if it was Blackhead and if not, then what kllled her,that is what i would prefer! I'd just as soon not dig around in the blood and guts of someone i knew....see? Sorry to disappoint. If i had known the vet would do the necropsy for me than i might have considered it.

Furthermore i have read that recently Blaxkhead is becoming a lot more common in chickens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom