chicken with broken/torn beak *PIC*

Bunnyfeet

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 30, 2010
Skagit Valley, wa
2crr061.jpg

21acs4w.jpg
sorry these are such bad pics they are from my phone.

her beak is torn on the side a little bit! i have no idea what to do. i went outside to check on the chickens because she was skawking so loud, then i seen the blood and went in there for a closer look! should i just leave her be? or is there something i need to do

Seperate her as the others will peck at any blood and make it worse. After a week or so if the torn piece hasn't fallen off, try to file it as close as you can so it won't tear any more. Not much else I can offer, relly.

I personally would clip off the broken bits as it would get snagged on things. Mush up her feed with water to make it softer and easier to eat, give soft foods and treats. If it continues to bleed after snipping off the broken bits, dip it in flour till it stops.

This might be risky, but what about super glue? Would she let you hold her mouth open for the time it would take for the super glue to dry? Wouldn't want to glue her mouth shut! I'm not saying to do this, just brainstorming...

hmmmm my little cousan ran his bike into a mail box a few years back and sliced the skin right above the eyebrow they didn't want to stich it because it was so close to his eye so they super guled the skin together and that worked so i thing the super glue may work.....

My miniature hen broke her beak on top about two months ago. I heard superglue, taking it off or doing nothing and I chose
to let it alone. I gave her antibotics in her water for ten days and today she is fine. She did do some sneezing and I moistened
her mash for awhile(which she liked) but basically watched to make sure she ate and drank. It mended itself.

OK....so now your all going to think I'm crazy but it worked!!! I had something similar to this happen,
I went to my local beauty supply and bought nail glue and acrylic powder like they use when yu
get your nails done. I got a warm towel and layed her onher side, and cleaned her beak off with a qtip
and alcohol. Took a tiny drop of glue and placed it on one piece of beak then held it together( b carefiul
or you could end up gettin glued to the beak yourself) then i put more glue over the crack and carefully
sprinkled the powder on int,little more glue, little more powder...and i built the beak back up. used a soft
file to smooth it out, (she didn't like that part to much) but it worked!!! and it's held up and she's eating fine.
Good luck....just take yur time..
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom