Chicken with CRD?

Chamelaucium

Chirping
Nov 26, 2017
Hello Everyone.
I got to Old English Game about a week ago( I have them separate from my other chickens) and one of them started after I got her home to show signs of a runny nose and sneezes all the time.
My question is does this sound like CRD? And is it true the chicken with it will be a carrier for life and can pass it onto other chickens?
And any reason the other OEG isn’t showing any signs of being sick?

Thank you everybody

Attachments

• 19AF6A83-0D8D-4D6F-8EDA-8A662C71BCFF.jpeg
    19AF6A83-0D8D-4D6F-8EDA-8A662C71BCFF.jpeg
    300.2 KB · Views: 7
  • A543D5FA-3D6A-4477-BFAA-5B4C394B0FEC.jpeg
    A543D5FA-3D6A-4477-BFAA-5B4C394B0FEC.jpeg
    371.3 KB · Views: 6
So far the respiratory infection symptoms sound like infectious bronchitis, but mild MG/CRD or another disease could also be possible. Hard to know without getting him tested. Sometimes the stress of a move may cause symptoms to show up if they have been exposed. You may know that most respiratory diseases make them carriers, some for life, while IB can make them carriers for 5 months to a year. Do you have any antibiotics to use in case of MG? IB is a virus that will not respond to antibiotics, and symptoms may last 3-4 weeks. Antibiotics can sometimes help prevent secondary infections.

So far the respiratory infection symptoms sound like infectious bronchitis, but mild MG/CRD or another disease could also be possible. Hard to know without getting him tested. Sometimes the stress of a move may cause symptoms to show up if they have been exposed. You may know that most respiratory diseases make them carriers, some for life, while IB can make them carriers for 5 months to a year. Do you have any antibiotics to use in case of MG? IB is a virus that will not respond to antibiotics, and symptoms may last 3-4 weeks. Antibiotics can sometimes help prevent secondary infections.
I haven’t taken her to the vet yet, so I don’t have antibiotics (I’m in Australia) you have to see the vet to get antibiotics here.
Thank you for all the information.

Back
Top Bottom