Chicken with deformed body

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on my way back to classes and I just checked on the healthy chicks and put down the deformed one. The picture will just be a dead chicken😭😭😭😢
Didn’t you say you put it down 20 minutes ago?
Update: I just had to put her down. I will try to get a picture tomorrow and privately send it to yall if I can! I am so thankful that yall tried to help, I know it was tough to help with no pic. And it was hard for me to help her as I had to leave every hour, but my house is only two minutes away which is nice... It was super hard to put her down but I'm glad it's all over. It was super hard.

its so hard to kill a chick.
Dear friend, euthanasia is not killing but having the heart to do the right thing even when it's hard. :hmm
Although I think I'm gonna put the poor baby down.
You did the right thing, I truly believe that! :hugs

Also by re-focusing on the babies that came out perfect!
It took my chicks about 20 days to hatch as well. I think that's probably normal.
21 days would be more normal.

Since your other chicks are good it could just have been an anomaly. Or maybe from a specific hen if it was more than one.

Check out the link to my favorite hatching resource. Reasons for embryonic mortality and other hatching issues starts on page 51..

https://www.hubbardbreeders.com/media/incubation_guideen__053407700_1525_26062017.pdf

Yeah i did 20 minutes ago
Dear friend, euthanasia is not killing but having the heart to do the right thing even when it's hard. :hmm

You did the right thing, I truly believe that! :hugs

Also by re-focusing on the babies that came out perfect!

21 days would be more normal.

Since your other chicks are good it could just have been an anomaly. Or maybe from a specific hen if it was more than one.

Check out the link to my favorite hatching resource. Reasons for embryonic mortality and other hatching issues starts on page 51..

https://www.hubbardbreeders.com/media/incubation_guideen__053407700_1525_26062017.pdf
Thank you so much! That's so kind! You are so, so nice! I have to get back to classes, but I will look at that link for sure!! Thanks again!

Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like people are laughing at you in a way that’s less than kind. @Everly808 Could be wrong, but it really seems that way with some of these responses and reactions. So I just want offer my apologies for the way others are acting, and my condolences for the loss of your chick. So sorry to hear this ❤️ I know how hard it is to lose any animal. We can only take good care of the others and give them the best life that the passed chickens would have had, in honor of them.

If you get a picture, I would post it on this thread. I like when threads have a definitive ending, and people won't think you were lying (I don't, but some people probably do)

Why would you send the picture privately, though? Is it because it's too sad?

If you get a picture, I would post it on this thread. I like when threads have a definitive ending, and people won't think you were lying (I don't, but some people probably do)

(I'm sorry, I hope this doesn't sound rude.)

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs

Do people think I'm lying? Oh no, that's horrible I didn't know that! I threw it away but I will get it tonight if I can, I promise yall I would take a picture if I could my camera literally doesn't work... I am so sorry, I'm not lying to anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom