Chicken with huge vent prolapse... or more sinister? Update - I culled her today - Sob

Sadly for me I culled my chicken today - she started going downhill, refused food and water and her comb was turning purple - there was no way I could help her further to recover and after observing her for some time I decided to end her life - I took her outside to see her friends for the last time - her eyes were closing, she had fought long enough. I cuddled her and told her I loved her and I was sorry that I couldn't make her better.

Her end was quick - I am happy for her that she won't suffer pain ever now - she enhanced my life and I will never forget the love and great pleasure she gave me.

Thanks to everyone who helped - especially Egghead and CMV

Suzie
hit.gif

Sadly for me I culled my chicken today - she started going downhill, refused food and water and her comb was turning purple - there was no way I could help her further to recover and after observing her for some time I decided to end her life - I took her outside to see her friends for the last time - her eyes were closing, she had fought long enough. I cuddled her and told her I loved her and I was sorry that I couldn't make her better.

Her end was quick - I am happy for her that she won't suffer pain ever now - she enhanced my life and I will never forget the love and great pleasure she gave me.

Thanks to everyone who helped - especially Egghead and CMV

Suzie
:hit

I am so sorry for you. And your hen. I also salute you for having the intestinal fortitude to do it. This is the sign of a real animal lover.

Condolences on the death of your hen. You made a valiant effort to save her, and it sounds like she appreciated it. God speed.

I'm so sorry you had to do what you did but it was the right thing to do. You did what was best for her and put your feelings second. I had to do the same thing for the same reason. My hen was suffering and I couldn't let that happen. I thanked her for her eggs and companionship and thanked God for the time he allowed me to spend with her and asked for strength to do what I had to do.

She went quick and I sobbed for an hour.

Take care of yourself.

Aww, we are so sorry about your the loss of your sweet hen!
As the others have said you did the right thing, even though doing the right thing is rarely EASY. You and her two special barnyard companions will surely miss her, but all did there best, and in her own chicken way-she knew that she was loved.

We sent a chicken sympathy card to the 3 Of you.

With tears in our eyes too,

God Bless!

Thank you all for your kind messages - I have learned a lot in the past two weeks and hopefully in the future I may be able to help somebody as you have helped and supported me through this.

Suzie

So sorry for your loss. You did the best you could, but unfortunately it didn't work out as well as it could have.

Good luck in the future.

Back
Top Bottom