Chicken with injured leg.

Looks possibly like tapeworm proglottids. They usually move when the dropping is fresh. Each proglottid can hold many worm eggs. Snails, slugs, flies, and earthworms are some of the common hosts, so removing those hosts and poop is important. Here is a video:

Tapeworms are best treated with praziquantel which can be found in Equimax horse paste. It can be given orally at 0.16 ml for a 5 pound chicken. How much does she weigh?

is there any spray i can get to treat the ground in my coop for worms? I think all my chickens got it. and now im scared to be cleaning their coop out I think I may get worms if im cleaning the run. now im a bit scared. I'm going to my doctors and getting checked because my chicken pooped on me. i'm really freaking out atm.

Just wash you hands after handling your birds or doing stuff in their area. I grew up on a farm and have lived on one my whole life. If anyone should have worms I should, but I don't. :)

I have always used barn lime to dry out areas and kill any worm or parasite eggs. Generally the worms in poop will die quickly as they dry out. Adult worms generally can't survive outside a host. Worm eggs wait to be eaten by the correct host to hatch and grow.

Back
Top Bottom