1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken with no comb???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by moonstones, Sep 9, 2014.

1. moonstones

moonstones New Egg

Jun 5, 2014
    I have a 5 - 6 mth old chicken that has no comb at all. From the day I got it at about 2 months old it had literally looked like it had just been shaved, there is space for it and its red but not raised at all, totally flat. I have no idea what kind of chicken it is, it bit of a mix I think, it does have fluffy bits in the side of its feet. Can u have no comb? And even further can a rooster have no comb? (I'm suspicious) looking at the white one, the brown fellow has been busted crowing so he's been "identified" lol
    [​IMG]

2. Sunshine0235

Sunshine0235 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Lebanon Ohio
    It looks female to me, but a full side shot would help, and a close head shot from the front and side.

Sometime with hen that have pea combs, they are very small, even at adult age. My one EE hen with a pea comb, has a very flat, almost no comb at all, so its possible that its a very small pea comb.

3. shelldero

shelldero Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2013
    I'm certainly no pro, but I would say female easter egger. My olive eggers (blend of easter egger and a brown egg layer) have very small combs, and some have slight fluffs of feathering on their legs from throwback genetics :) She is a pretty girl and will hopefully lay some lovely eggs for you!

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree.

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Looks like an Easter Egger pullet to me.

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    X4 on Easter Egger pullet.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

X5. She has a pea comb, so it's there, but it's just different than a single comb.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by