Chicken with respiratory issues

LoriB123

Hatching
Jun 1, 2021
I have a chicken that is 3-4 months old. We spend a lot of time in the coop and noticed her sneezing, coughing and could here rattling sounds when she breathed. She had two does of antibiotic shots and seems much more like herself. This is day 4 when is it safe for her to go back to the coop with the other hens? She still has some sneezing.
Thank you for any advice you can give me

Does she have any bubbles or foam in her eye? How long have you had her, and have you added a new bird to your flock recently? If she has been a part of the flock and is not a new member, I would put her back with the others. She may have a respiratory disease. Some of the common ones are infectious bronchitis virus, mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG,) coryza, and ILT virus. Viruses will run their course over several wekks time, while bacterial ones will be with them for life. Symptoms may recur during periods of stress later on. Antibiotics will only help MG and coryza. Which one are you using?

Does she have any bubbles or foam in her eye? How long have you had her, and have you added a new bird to your flock recently? If she has been a part of the flock and is not a new member, I would put her back with the others. She may have a respiratory disease. Some of the common ones are infectious bronchitis virus, mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG,) coryza, and ILT virus. Viruses will run their course over several wekks time, while bacterial ones will be with them for life. Symptoms may recur during periods of stress later on. Antibiotics will only help MG and coryza. Which one are you using?
No bubbles or foam in her eyes. We got the flock total of 11 about 6 weeks ago. She has had 2 shots of Norocillin.

Back
Top Bottom