Chicken With Swollen Belly

fluffita

Hatching
Jan 18, 2016
Hi, I have a six year old EE with a very swollen belly. She stopped laying about six months ago, but yesterday I noticed that she layed a egg. I was astonished! Today I noticed that she had a swollen abdomen, so I fed her some tums and gave her a hot soak. I don't know what to do next! This has happened to her before, and she mysteriously got better. Can I help her this time?

Last edited:
Hi, I have a six year old EE with a very swollen belly. She stopped laying about six months ago, but yesterday I noticed that she layed a egg. I was astonished! Today I noticed that she had a swollen abdomen, so I fed her some tums and gave her a hot soak. I don't know what to do next! This has happened to her before, and she mysteriously got better. Can I help her this time?

Welcome to BYC! At six years old most hens may still be laying a few eggs a month or year depending on the chicken. Most chickens stop laying between 4-6 years old in my experience. I wonder what could be causing such problems.

Last edited:
Sorry I can't help out but I can say hi and welcome to BYC. I hope that you find the help you need.

Good luck

Ct

welcome-byc.gif

x2 on posting on the emergencies forum. I hope they can help you figure out what is happening with your girl.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom