Chicken with swollen bottom

Looks like a meat bird/broiler with those huge legs. Feed stores are bad for letting them get mixed in or mistaken for egg layers. Unfortunately these birds only live around 6-8 weeks or more for butchering.

Looks like a meat bird/broiler with those huge legs. Feed stores are bad for letting them get mixed in or mistaken for egg layers. Unfortunately these birds only live around 6-8 weeks or more for butchering.
Yes she has huge legs. Thank you for your help! What should I do with her?

I have a lethargic, Sapphire Gem(?) about 5 y/o who’s laying w/wings a bit out, when other’s out foraging, which she’s usually right in front. Now lagging behind, lying down as she forages. Bottom seems bit tighter/harder than normal.
Noticed 4 days ago, she had ‘poopy~bottom’. Took me 2 days to catch her, bottom was crusted over. It was late afternoon, but still gave her a warm bath. (I felt offended as I felt I was offending her. 😳). ThroughIy cleaned her bottom. Kept her wrapped up for 2-3 hrs. Then in hay filled bin overnight, as I thought it was too chilly/windy to put her out wet. She’s eating, drinking, & as far as I can tell, pooping normally.
Would welcome any info/advice.

Back
Top Bottom