Chicken with watery mucus droppings, lethargic and weak, not eating, crop is squishy.

Could you get a picture of her? Does she have a messy bottom?
I would get calcium citrate +D3 and give her one tablet once a day. Also you can try and give her some warm baths with epsom salt if you have any.

Surprisingly, no messy bottom but it will be by morning because she is lying on the floor now. I will get a picture of her for you in the morning. I do have epsom salts. Are the calcium tabs sold at tractor supply?

Attachments

• PXL_20221201_123920138.jpg
    PXL_20221201_123920138.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 5
Hennifer is very weak. Her droppings look yellowish with a black cecal poop fom the flock block, I'm sure. I now think she has a bad infection and I stopped the corid. Trying some electrolights and vitamin water. So far no drinking. Her discharge went from barely any smell to smelling something awful now... like infection. She's on deaths door. Her comb has turned purplish. I feel so awful! Still no word from the vets office. This was her droppings from overnight.

Attachments

• PXL_20221201_131920643.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221201_131920643.MP.jpg
    960.9 KB · Views: 5
If it is infection will your vet prescribe you something for her? If not you might want to find some fish mox or the like and start treating her asap

I'm sorry to hear about Hennifer:hugs

Hard to know what's happening with her, but I would suspect some type of reproductive issue. Fatty Liver disease also comes to mind.

If she's had troubles with production, then you can try getting extra calcium into her to see if she's able to expel any material (Lash, membrane, etc.).

A crop that is not emptying is a symptom and usually goes hand-in-hand with reproductive disorders, infection, etc.

If you happen to lose her, then having a necropsy through your state lab will give you the best answers as to what has caused the decline. Some of us do our own informal investigations and sometimes we are able to find some clues.
https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html

Thank you. She is dying I have her in my lap right now. She's lame and shallow breathing. Her poop smelled like death this morning and she is in a deep sleep now. I'm so incredibly sad. Shes been such a great hen. 😢

I'm so sorry you're going through this. You tried everything. Ditto on post above
Thank you. She just past away. Vigorous flapping of wing let out nasty bowl movement. Probably heart attack at the end. I'm going to clean her up a bit and give her a proper burial. So so sad!! This was a very hard couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom