Chicken wont stay out of house!!!

shawnm2639

Songster
10 Years
Apr 13, 2009
Woodlake Ca
I have 10 BR hens and 2 BR roos and 3 Delaware Hens...BUT I have one BR hen that won't stay out of the house...she comes in and has pretty much made it her routine to stay in the house all day long. My Great Pyr slides the silding glass door open after I go to work
barnie.gif
He has got a pretty strong nose. Maybe I should start locking it. The others are out free ranging but Milly won't go out. I put her out and she runs to follow me back in...I put treats out and as soon as they are gone back in she comes. I am beginning to think she is a reincarnation of a human. I will post pics soon. The Dog, cat and parrot seem ok with it..hummmm I do worry but its been going on for 3 wks now.
hu.gif
I joke about her laying eggs in the frig for me. I worry about her not getting enough food. The other free range all day but not her...whats up?

Last edited:
Yes, pics please. I can just picture her lounging in the recliner watching soaps while eating a bag of potato chips!!
lol.png

Hen_House_Rocks! :

I can just picture her lounging in the recliner watching soaps while eating a bag of potato chips!!
lol.png

And we all KNOW that's what she's doing! She's probably addicted to "As the Coop Turns"!​

My Blue Andalusian Hen will come in anytime the front door is opened. She is super-friendly and very persistent. I have no carpets, but still.....
I have to check everytime I go out to make sure she is not being shut in the house. She will get up on the kitchen counter (gross, I know...) and help herself to whatever she finds.

Back
Top Bottom