chicken4prez's chat thread! Chicken lovers welcome!!

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by chicken4prez, Mar 9, 2016.

1. No

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. Yes

28 vote(s)
    90.3%
  1. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Overrun With Chickens

So, what did my favorite chicken people do for Easter?

We had a full house (my mom and I were flipping out; we're ultra shy)! My mom's parents, her brother and his family, her grandma, my step-dad's parents, and his sister and her family all came for an Easter egg hunt on the farm. They also crammed into our farmhouse (thank goodness it's big!) for brunch: egg bake, potato salad, turkey salad, carrot cake, and turtle pie. Boy oh boy, those chickens, young and old, were a huge hit with the family. Let's just say that they all got lots of love, attention, hugs, and treats from their adoring visitors. [​IMG]

I helped hide the eggs this year rather than hunt for them, mainly because I'm getting a little too old. [​IMG] So, I concealed one of the money-filled eggs in a nesting box under one of the hens.

Oh, I thought this was pretty cool. My dad's city sister once told us, "Why would you get chickens? They're so dirty and gross!" WELL, she met the girls for the first time today, and fell in love with them immediately. In fact, she held and cuddled with the chicks and hens more than anyone else!

My 11-year-old cousin practically carried Cookie around the whole time, and she let him! For whatever reason (sarcasm), he's absolutely infatuated with her. [​IMG] As if I'm not!

Sorry for all that, I just had so much fun today, I had to get it out.

~Alex

2. chicken4prez

chicken4prez Overrun With Chickens

Jun 14, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Hey @Alexandra33 ! Your day sounded fun! Well, We went to church for a easter service. Then we came home and our cousins were there and we took some family pics and then we played for a bit. Then we had a quick lunch and then it was back to playing. Then we had dinner, Scalloped Potatoes, Ham, Veggie Mix and Salad with my grandma's famous dressing[​IMG]. Sadly, Leia was outside yesterday and our one hen Hazel came up and started pecking Leia. Leia fell over and I went and picked her up and put here back down, Hazel (her again) pecked her again and then she fell over so I put her back in the shed. I really hope she won't die after the shock. [​IMG]

I am asking again for your prayers. We are hopefully giving her a bath tomorrow.

3. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    That sounds fun! Our church had an egg hunt, but it was 12 and under (not fun!!!) :D so I couldn't particpate, but I watched my brother hide them!

Praying for your chicken!

We didn't get to celebrate Easter like we always do. Our party is postponed because my grandfather ended up back in the hospital Friday night. We just visited him at the hospital, then came home and relaxed all day.
    We were all tired from Saturday anyways... Phase 2 of my round pen proect (for the horses) is done. I raked 2B stone for 3 hours, then went and groomed a horse at the place I volunteer at. ot a wheelbarrow load of hair off the little pony. Shedding season is horrible! :p

This is my new article. Please read!
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/which-chicken-breed-is-best-a-guide-for-beginner-chicken-keepers
    :D

4. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Overrun With Chickens

Lily, I will be praying for Leia. [​IMG]How is she doing now?

Random, but I really love scalloped potatoes. [​IMG]

@ChickenLover200 , sounds like fun! [​IMG] I am so sorry about your grandpa, and am sending prayers your way for his healing.

Yeah, it was more enjoyable watching my little brother and cousins finding the eggs rather than participating. I guess that happens when you get older!

~Alex

5. chicken4prez

Jun 14, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Still alive, thanks. My mom and dad are heading out soon to force feed her water with D-Worming. My mom thinks that why she can't stand very well is she is lacking water. [​IMG]

6. chicken4prez

Jun 14, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Hello everyone
    [​IMG]
    Sick (up) Not sick (down)
    [​IMG]
    My precious Leia died this morning. She was very loved (sorry this is so hard to write this) and I want to say thanks for all your prayers for her. We think she had another disease besides worms

We have learned a great lesson and now we are putting DE in all of the other hens food. I miss her so much but I know that there was not much hope

7. chicken4prez

Jun 14, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    I should have said OUR Leia

8. ChickenLover200

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    aw. I'm so sorry. I know what it's like to lose a very much loved hen. One of my favorites died last year. I was so devastated.

9. chicken4prez

Jun 14, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks[​IMG]

10. ChickenLover200

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    Hoping you and you're family and the rest of the flock are doing well
    :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by