Chickengirl64 is new to chickens

Chickengirl64

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 23, 2014
Just bought a small 5 acre farm with 5 red bantam hens. This is my first experience with chickens, but I am already in love with them! I could sit and listen to them cluck and coo all day. I'm sure I'll be on-line a lot looking for tips from experienced chicken people.

I'm new at having chickens too. I have no idea what I'm doing so I come here to try and learn as much as I can. I have 6 young chicks. We got 4 of them about 5 weeks ago and 2 about a week ago.

Congratulations on your new home, and welcome to BYC. Check out the 'Learning Center' at the top of the page.

images

Welcome to BYC!

And congrats on your new birds! Yes, you may want to do some reading in our learning center here on BYC. Lots of great articles on all the aspects of keeping poultry...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Make yourself at home here on BYC and if you have any questions, that is what we are here for. Welcome to our flock!

Love BYC and the forums. Getting lots of good information from my fellow chicken lovers out there. Hope to learn enough to pass on knowledge down the road.

Hello everyone! I'm so excited to join byc! I have 6 chickens, about 3 months old, one of which is pet status, Danny follows me around and never minds being picked up and cuddled. Danny turned out to be a rooster, but I love his crowing!

Back
Top Bottom