Chickenguard Malfunction

Annieblue

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2015
The setup wizard keeps sticking on door calibration error. I follow the directions but it doesn't raise the door at the end and then it goes back to error. Can I reset it?

Not really familiar with these....but...
..cold boot(remove and replace battery, or unplug and replug power) is the first thing to try.

When you calibrate the door, is the front faceplate fully attached to the motor box? Have you tried cycling past the set up wizard directly to the door calibration menu to calibrate? How heavy is your door? Happy to help.

Old thread I see but i am having same issue. I came out to find the door half closed with the door error. I installed new batteries and re calibrated door, worked for the moment then did not close up at night and displayed the same error message. I have emailed @chickenguardusa twice with no response. I have the extreme model and its less than one year old.

Gary

Old thread I see but i am having same issue. I came out to find the door half closed with the door error. I installed new batteries and re calibrated door, worked for the moment then did not close up at night and displayed the same error message. I have emailed @chickenguardusa twice with no response. I have the extreme model and its less than one year old.

Gary

Gary,

Something you might try:

Hold down on the center menu button for about 8 seconds until it asks Continue, Yes or No. Select Yes to bring you into a secret menu. Scroll through until you get to Premium Motor Power, select Yes. Then Exit. This will send full power to the motor. See if this fixes it.

In this secret menu you can also restore settings to factory defaults too, which you should try if the above fails. Please let me know. We are with ChickenGuardian.com, US distributors of ChickenGuard.

TJ

OK, just tried it and no secret menu comes up. after holding down center button 20 seconds nothing, when I release finger from button it goes to the regular set up menu. I tried it multiple times same results.

Thanks @chickenguardusa for clearing up you are with Chickenguardian.com..... the emails I have sent were to [email protected] that went unanswered.

Now what?

Gary

OK, just tried it and no secret menu comes up. after holding down center button 20 seconds nothing, when I release finger from button it goes to the regular set up menu. I tried it multiple times same results.

Thanks @chickenguardusa for clearing up you are with Chickenguardian.com..... the emails I have sent were to [email protected] that went unanswered.

Now what?

Gary

Gary, please reach out to us directly at [email protected]. I'll need some pictures to see which version you have in case it is one that doesn't have the secret menu installed on it.

Thank you!

TJ

Back
Top Bottom