Chickenless in Texas

nyanamia

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 9, 2012
Arlington, TX
Hello, chicken people!
My name is Emily and I have been lurking on this site, MPC, and FeatherSite for the past month. I have developed this strange obsession (not so strange?) and have been reading everything I can about chickens. I think they are beautiful and hilarious, and that if one is going to have a pet bird, it ought to be a chicken! I would love to get some day old chicks one day and raise them. Unfortunately it will probably a few years before my husband and I are able to live in a place where chicken-raisin' is possible. Can't really have them in a tiny apartment! Til then, I can only dream.....
big_smile.png
I am interested in Silkies most of all, because I've heard stories about how sweet and cuddly they can be, and plus they look like little fluffy marshmallow dinosaurs. I'm also interested in the beautiful Wyandottes and Brahmas. Yay!
I'm not quite sure what my husband Larry thinks about my chicken obsession, but he seems to enjoy Nambroth's "Derperella" thread, so that's a start. heheh... When I'm not obsessing about chickens, I am an artist, a musician, and a crazy cat lady (who doesn't have any cats yet either (also because of apt regulations.))

BYC people seem really cool! I am enjoying reading in the forum.

Emily
Arlington, TX

welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio.

Our obsession with chicken didn't start until we moved to a couple of acres outside the city limits, with 2 big barns. Thankfully!!! We waited all of 2 months before placing an order. But I do understand the desires and the interest.

In the mean time read all that you can. Keep the dream alive, it will happen for you some day.

hi and welcome! I'm also chickenless but plan on having chickens this spring time! :)

chickens are great! I never would have thought I'd like chickens!

Back
Top Bottom