Chickens and the Holidays!

Starburst

Jesus Loves You
May 25, 2020
Western Washington
Hey, everyone! As the month of December creeps in, I was wondering - do you do anything with your chickens during the holidays? Maybe you decorate the coop and run? Or make them a special treat? Or get them something fun (or practical!) As a present? Or...something else? If you do, please share about what you do, post pictures, etc. :) I'm working on decorating my chicken coop and run, and will post pictures here once it's done. :) Oh! And feel free to chat away if you want. :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

The most special things they get are meal scraps like carrot peelings and apple peelings, and this year they got a bit of turkey (we boiled some bones for broth with a bit of meat and when we were done I took some meat off checking very carefully for bones) which was a very special treat as I rarely give them actual meat. They also get the Christmas tree for a bit once we are finished with it. They like to play in it!

Oh! One more thing I just remembered!! I have a mobile coop that my dad build for me a few years ago that doesn't get used in the winter. One year my dad and maybe my brother, put Christmas lights on it to make it look like a gingerbread house! They even had a lightbulb on inside to make it look like someone lived there. The coop was sitting next to a tree with Christmas lights.

The most special things they get are meal scraps like carrot peelings and apple peelings, and this year they got a bit of turkey (we boiled some bones for broth with a bit of meat and when we were done I took some meat off checking very carefully for bones) which was a very special treat as I rarely give them actual meat. They also get the Christmas tree for a bit once we are finished with it. They like to play in it!
Oh, I bet your chickens really enjoyed those treats! I have to agree, chickens seem to really enjoy Christmas trees if the tree ends up with them. My hens spend quite some time hanging out around it.

Oh! One more thing I just remembered!! I have a mobile coop that my dad build for me a few years ago that doesn't get used in the winter. One year my dad and maybe my brother, put Christmas lights on it to make it look like a gingerbread house! They even had a lightbulb on inside to make it look like someone lived there. The coop was sitting next to a tree with Christmas lights.
I love that! I can only imagine how pretty it was! :love

Back
Top Bottom