Chickens are gone!

Pics
And it is crazy to me that your three silkies just... Came back? With a fox den nearby, how would they survive four days out in the woods, without getting eaten or starving? I think someone dropped off those three birds at your driveway or somewhere you wouldn't notice, because they felt bad about killing your rooster and stealing your hens.
Also, any sane bird would come back to the coop at night, so that's what really makes me think someone was keeping them elsewhere.

I am not saying a racoon did this, but do not underestimate a racoon. They are excellent climbers and use their front paws like hands.They are smart.

I use a barrel lock like you use, but has a hole in it so when closed can use a lock, or pin, a spring loaded linchpin would work and be easy.

And it is crazy to me that your three silkies just... Came back? With a fox den nearby, how would they survive four days out in the woods, without getting eaten or starving? I think someone dropped off those three birds at your driveway or somewhere you wouldn't notice, because they felt bad about killing your rooster and stealing your hens.
Also, any sane bird would come back to the coop at night, so that's what really makes me think someone was keeping them elsewhere.
Holy cow this is starting to freak me out

I have had chickens go off into the woods building a secret nest to sit. Had 2 last late fall early winter disappear 1 came back 2 weeks later. Maby being 10 degrees at night thought different? Maybe a predator scared it decided to come home?

Maybe they got chased out of the coop and ran for their lives. You will not know till you get a camera.

Today I went out to one of my coops and noticed the door wide open and feathers everywhere. The chickens (my sweet little silkies) were gone. The rooster was dead, I assume trying to protect his girls, but there were no teeth marks, blood, etc to be found! I’m assuming a predator got in, and I’m heartbroken, but what should I do?!
Oh no! I'm so sorry. That sucks.

Back
Top Bottom