1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chickens are SO chicken.....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ThinkingChickens, Sep 5, 2011.

1. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    Today we added sand to the walk in run after a neighbor offered us all we wanted for free. Hooray! You'd think I'd poured tar all over the ground because the girls were having none of it. I added pictures and the story to my blog...

http://www.girlrural.com/2011/09/chickens-are-chicken.html

2. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    To funny. Chickens are a trip. Hey I had a war wound where yours is. [​IMG]

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Chickens survived by being wary of new things. You never know.....the sand might eat them!

4. mamahen2011

mamahen2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Michigan
    [​IMG] Yep, I understand perfectly. Our girl LOVES her treat of millet every so often but is TERRIFIED of it when I go to put it in for her. LOL She literally runs away until it's safely on the ground and not moving. I think she views it as a snake when I'm holding it. LOL Silly girl!

5. cravenchx

cravenchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Piedmont of NC
    It's so funny how all the "sayings"
    comes so true when you have chickens.
    Love it!

6. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Quote:Ya, who knows when the sandman from Spiderman becomes real! jk lol [​IMG]

7. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    So tonight the young girls adapted and went to their coop. The older girls were wandering around angrily. One was lost. My husband and I had to hunt with flashlights only to find her in a 4" high space under the coop. She had to be poked to get her out after she tried to attack the flashlight. Thankfully they are all safe and sound now and tomorrow is a whole new day of getting used to the sand.

8. openheartnp

openheartnp Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Green Twp, NJ
    "All this work for you...and for what?!?" LOL Just like kids. Good luck tomorrow. They don't like change, but they'll have to accept it eventually.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by