Chickens are so satisfying to watch in the backyard!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by bobcatridge, Sep 9, 2011.

1. bobcatridge

bobcatridge Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2010
    Central California Coast
    Yes, that is what my husband said to me last night. This is from the man who ignored the chickens and wouldn't help when I converted the old playhouse into the chicken coop. He does like the fresh eggs but outside of that he doesn't quite get the chicken thing. I usually let the chickens out to free-range in the evening and they love the backyard. So last night I let the chickens out, collected the eggs from the coop (with dog and one cat accompanying me - yes they went into the run with me), and was fixing dinner, when my husband who is relaxing in the family room (which has a big picture window that looks out on the backyard) makes this comment. I thought it was cute that he actually admitted that he liked to see the chickens in the backyard.

2. offmyroost

offmyroost Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2011
    What's not to love about watching chickens. My husband says we should video them and watch them at night because watching them peck around and listening to their little chicken noises puts him to sleep.[​IMG]

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I love watching mine gather around the waterer to take a sip and cluck peacefully among themselves. Somehow I created a perfect world for them and they are totally happy with whatever they have.

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Slowly but surely your DH is being converted...hehee [​IMG]
    My BIL (not an animal person) says he loves seeing our chickens out and about our property when he drives home each day [​IMG]

5. kaybats

kaybats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    I never would have imagined how much I love my chickens. All I wanted was fresh eggs for breakfast. My flock has slowly grown to 23 chickens and 4 ducks!

My stress level has decreased a billion percent since I got my first chicken in March. Prozac? Keep it...I don't need it....*I have chickens!*

6. Farm_Maven

Farm_Maven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Tishomingo
    Quote:Amen!!

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Slowly but surely the hubbies get addicted! [​IMG]

~ Aspen [​IMG]

8. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    Better than prozac!!

9. project7030

project7030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    South Central Montana
    I know, I got chickens for the eggs and for my daughter for 4H. I never dreamed I would love it so much. Its so relaxing to just sit with them and watch. My hubby thinks i'm cuckoo, but my daughter shares the same love with me. My 2 yr old will play with them for long periods of time too. Its just good wholesome fun!!

10. project7030

project7030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    South Central Montana
    Quote:Amen!!! No kidding!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by