Chickens are so satisfying to watch in the backyard!

bobcatridge

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 29, 2010
Central California Coast
Yes, that is what my husband said to me last night. This is from the man who ignored the chickens and wouldn't help when I converted the old playhouse into the chicken coop. He does like the fresh eggs but outside of that he doesn't quite get the chicken thing. I usually let the chickens out to free-range in the evening and they love the backyard. So last night I let the chickens out, collected the eggs from the coop (with dog and one cat accompanying me - yes they went into the run with me), and was fixing dinner, when my husband who is relaxing in the family room (which has a big picture window that looks out on the backyard) makes this comment. I thought it was cute that he actually admitted that he liked to see the chickens in the backyard.

What's not to love about watching chickens. My husband says we should video them and watch them at night because watching them peck around and listening to their little chicken noises puts him to sleep.
th.gif

I love watching mine gather around the waterer to take a sip and cluck peacefully among themselves. Somehow I created a perfect world for them and they are totally happy with whatever they have.

I never would have imagined how much I love my chickens. All I wanted was fresh eggs for breakfast. My flock has slowly grown to 23 chickens and 4 ducks!

My stress level has decreased a billion percent since I got my first chicken in March. Prozac? Keep it...I don't need it....*I have chickens!*

I know, I got chickens for the eggs and for my daughter for 4H. I never dreamed I would love it so much. Its so relaxing to just sit with them and watch. My hubby thinks i'm cuckoo, but my daughter shares the same love with me. My 2 yr old will play with them for long periods of time too. Its just good wholesome fun!!

Back
Top Bottom