Chickens as pets...it's overwhelming

Yes, I'd be happy to share the pet insurance information with you. It's with Nationwide.

https://mc9bsj012b7g46tfb-zv-r51-s7....com&state=VA&template=2021-pet-insurance-101

You can check out the link above for more info.

I could not be more happy with them! They make it really simple and never question why you've brought your pet to the vet. They pay out a claim within 3 - 4 days and I've never been asked any questions by them. Even though they've now paid out over $3k for my girl who has had the 6 visits.
I pay about $15 a month for each bird. Then there is an annual deductible of $250. After then they cover 70% after the deductible. If anyone keeps their chickens as pets, I'd highly recommend it.

Let me know if you have any other questions about it!
Thank you!!!

I’m feeling the same way. I had to put down one of my hens yesterday. I cried like a baby! Had to tell myself to calm down. I get obsessed about their care. It’s so unhealthy for me. I try so hard to not care but not successful. Now I have one with Bumblefoot and it’s looking more swollen. She’s not limping that I can tell, but of course I imagine it. But I can’t spend all my time on their care! Soaking, and wrapping, etc. I feel like I’m making it worse honestly. I try to let go and let God, but it’s hard. I already fixed a broken leg on one….. another died randomly a couple months ago, the one I euthanized yesterday due to irreversible illness…. Now bumble. What if she starts getting worse?? Then what??I honestly am toying with giving them away. So, yes, I understand you.

Back
Top Bottom