Chickens attacked, 2 dead, one injured. GRAPHIC PICS

Hmm, try feeding him in a deep cup. His beak might be hitting the bottom of the bowl, if it's that sore, it could have been partially ripped off. Their beaks are like nails, if a nail was seperated from the quick that's really painful

This morning Peep ate about ⅓ cup of really soupy mash voluntarily. His eyes weren't stuck shut this morning. Peep pooped and at least half of it was real poop, which is a lot better than yesterday. He chirped quite a bit and kicked really hard when I picked him up. The left side of his face looks really good.
Hmm, try feeding him in a deep cup. His beak might be hitting the bottom of the bowl, if it's that sore, it could have been partially ripped off. Their beaks are like nails, if a nail was seperated from the quick that's really painful
The tip of his beak looks okay. He has a tear about an eighth of an inch long in the corner of his mouth. I think that's why he doesn't like to open his mouth. I put his food and water up a little higher too, because he doesn't seem to like putting his head all the way down.

This morning Peep ate about ⅓ cup of really soupy mash voluntarily. His eyes weren't stuck shut this morning. Peep pooped and at least half of it was real poop, which is a lot better than yesterday. He chirped quite a bit and kicked really hard when I picked him up. The left side of his face looks really good.

The tip of his beak looks okay. He has a tear about an eighth of an inch long in the corner of his mouth. I think that's why he doesn't like to open his mouth. I put his food and water up a little higher too, because he doesn't seem to like putting his head all the way down.
That's makes sense too, if our noses are injured when we put our heads down it causes more pressure.

The tip of his beak may not be injured, but since he has a tear at the base of his beak a deep cup would help because if he touches the bottom of the bowl when he's eating that would put pressure on the wound. Does that make sense?

What happened with the rest of your chickens? And did you figure how it happened?
Two died, and Peep is hurt. The others are okay. I think an owl got them. One was a carcass that had been picked clean and all the bones were broken. She was on top of the coop. The other looked like it flew off the coop and clotheslined itself on the hanging waterer. I think she broke her neck because her neck was bent really far back.

That's makes sense too, if our noses are injured when we put our heads down it causes more pressure.

The tip of his beak may not be injured, but since he has a tear at the base of his beak a deep cup would help because if he touches the bottom of the bowl when he's eating that would put pressure on the wound. Does that make sense?
Yeah, that makes sense. He ate pretty good at lunch time. He ate dry food and drank more water. His crop felt like it was a little less than half full. His poop is normal now too. I let him free range for a while with his sisters while I was outside for about an hour. They went all over the yard. He's been chirping a lot today too. I've been putting antibiotic cream on his neck and I put terramycin on his eye. View attachment 3328890
20221120_132800.jpg
20221120_143522.jpg

Peep pooped several more times last night. The poops were a little small, but looked normal. He ate and drank quite a bit more this morning. Me and my sister were talking and Peep wanted in on the conversation, so he started talking too. I need suggestions on how to get the medicine on his neck. It's almost impossible even with 2 people holding him down. I also have a question about his right wattle. The bottom half of it is a light reddish brown color. Not the same color as when they're pale. What's going on with that wattle? Is it frostbite?
20221121_072525.jpg

Peep pooped several more times last night. The poops were a little small, but looked normal. He ate and drank quite a bit more this morning. Me and my sister were talking and Peep wanted in on the conversation, so he started talking too. I need suggestions on how to get the medicine on his neck. It's almost impossible even with 2 people holding him down. I also have a question about his right wattle. The bottom half of it is a light reddish brown color. Not the same color as when they're pale. What's going on with that wattle? Is it frostbite?
View attachment 3329144
Try putting the meds on at night, cover his head with a towel, then put meds on.

Peep is doing great. His left eye has been wide open for the last few days. His right eye is open, but still swollen. He's eating and drinking really well. He had a lot of energy today. He freeranged all day today and yesterday. He's been flying all over the yard just for fun. I can't believe how much noise he makes. I love his chirps and he sounds so happy. He doesn't like to be held, but he falls asleep when I stroke his back. Does his neck look like it getting better or does it look worse? Also, when he drinks it sounds like his stomach is gurgling. Is that normal? Other than that he is completely fine.

Attachments

• 20221123_075041.jpg
    20221123_075041.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20221123_075232.jpg
    20221123_075232.jpg
    518.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20221123_075312.jpg
    20221123_075312.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20221123_075605.jpg
    20221123_075605.jpg