Chickens attacked by Ratccoon

Veggie4life55

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 11, 2010
West Virginia
This morning... after day light we let out our chickens as normal. I came back at 2pm to find 3 dead and 2 wounded.

One is showing signs on shock. There are no vets in today that will see chickens. So I am left with not knowing what to do besides put antibitics in their water and keep there wonds clean.

I am also going to give them some boiled eggs and yogurt.

Does any one know how much antibiotics to give in water? Or how to give an injection of antibiotics? Thanks

Sorry can`t help with the antibiotic dose either. We have racoons lurking around here and I dread what you have experienced.
hugs.gif
to you.
For the shock I would suggest a warm small safe place to help them settle (such as a dog kennel).
Hope all works out and that someone with more experience is able to help with the med question.

Just to let everyone know. We had alot of complications after the attack. I was able to see one vet who stapled her up and she was on Baytril for a long time. But that was also for her internal laying. We had her spayed a month or so after the attack and today she is a happy healthy chicken. she is super perky and is loving life. But both of the chickens that had wounds made it. The 2nd chicken is now internally laying and will also be spayed soon. Thanks for the well wishes
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom