Chickens Can Exhibit Flatulence

centrarchid

Crossing the Road
14 Years
Sep 19, 2009
Holts Summit, Missouri
This evening I sat in one of my three larger pens waiting on the owl to come in so I could spy first hand on it. A chair was placed in the coop near about 18 birds roosting in two locations with one group very close to my head and at the same level. We hung out together for a good 90 minutes. Then I periodically could smell something that was not so good. They were farting. Not all at same time, but they definitely were farting without production of feces.

Last edited:
This evening I sat in one of my three larger pens waiting on the owl to come in so I could spy first hand on it. A chair was placed in the coop near about 18 birds roosting in two locations with one group very close to my head and at the same level. We hung out together for a good 90 minutes. Then I periodically could smell something that was not so good. They were farting. Not all at same time, but they definitely were farting without production of feces.
Well, those little stinkers!

I wanted to warn you for your own good that it’s highly illegal to harass owls in any way shape or form. That would include live trapping without the proper permits from your respective dept of Fish and Wildlife.

I wanted to warn you for your own good that it’s highly illegal to harass owls in any way shape or form. That would include live trapping without the proper permits from your respective dept of Fish and Wildlife.
See...the thing I just will not ever understand is...owls are one predator you CAN protect your birds from 100%. I just don’t get it.

See...the thing I just will not ever understand is...owls are one predator you CAN protect your birds from 100%. I just don’t get it.
I think you mean just by locking them up at night? If that’s the case yeah it seems simple enough to me too. Especially if they’re inside of a building.

Back
Top Bottom